Whether it’s broadcast, podcast or recording, the SM7B captures smooth, warm vocals that connect the speaker to the listener.
The SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response that preserves the natural beauty of the sound it captures. The classic cardioid pattern is designed to reject off-axis audio. So you can sing or speak at a comfortable angle and it captures the sound, just as you want it, with minimum coloration.
In addition to it’s standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications.
The SM7B is an outstanding choice for the following applications:
• Recording StudioInstrumental and Vocal
• Location Recording
• Podcasts and interviews
• Motion Picture and Television Scoring
• Television, Talk Shows, and News Desks
• Radio Announcing and Production
• Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
• Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
• Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
• Internal “air suspension” shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
• Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
• Includes A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
• Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
• Also useful for close-miking instruments in studio where warm and smooth full-frequencies are a must
• Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000 Hz
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Output Impedance: 150 Ω
Sensitivity: -59 dBV/Pa (1.12 mV)